Friday, April 8, 2016

Just yawn and drift off to dreamland.

Friday 3-18-16   Posada Chamonix, Villa General Belgrano, Cba.
Scripture reading:    Joshua 1 – 2   Psalm 37    1 Cor 3

S.  Ps 37:1 Do not fret because of evildoers... 
Vs 3 Trust in the LORD, and do good...
Vs 5 Commit your way to the LORD...
Vs 7 Rest in the LORD... and
Vs 7 Wait patiently for Him... NKJV

O.  Psalm 37 starts off with five clear instructions for His people.  Don’t focus on the wicked.  Trust in the Lord.  Commit your plans to Him.  And rest... and wait... He will handle it all. 

A. Oh, how I need to read this psalm every day and dwell upon it!  I am such a fuss-budget!  I want to “fix” everything that’s wrong with my world.  God is saying to me “Take your eyes off the bad guys.”  Some of us like to watch the detective programs where in the last 5 minutes the bad guys get caught.  So God says:  1. Watch where you focus!  2.  Trust in God.  3.  Turn it all over into His hands.  4. Go take a nap... rest!  5.  Learn to “wait”.

P.  Why is it that at this stage in my life I can still get all up-tight about some messed up situation?  Help me take my eyes off the problems and the bad guys that I think caused them.  Just teach me to “trust You”, “commit it to You”, “go take a nap” and “wait!”  The rest of this psalm just says “You’ve got the whole thing under control!”  That should be good enough for me.  So You’re saying to me, “Forget it!  Lay your head on that pillow.  Just yawn and drift off to dreamland!”  But don’t expect it to all be resolved when you wake up.  Ralphy, boy... you’ve got to learn to “wait!” Amen.

Ralph


PS. I wait in line at the bank... at the checkout... at the bus-stop... at the barber shop... at the doctor’s office... for a seat on the plane... at the hardware store... just take a number and... wait... wait!  And here comes God and says to me, “Ralphy boy, learn how wait on Me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment