Thursday, April 14, 2016

God is convicting me of a sin of omission.

Monday 4-11-16   Puerto Madryn, Argentina
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 11 - 12   1 Chron 1   2 Cor 11
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Sam 12:23 Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you;  NKJV

O.  The Israelites demanded a king.  Samuel sought the Lord then chose and installed Saul as king.  But the whole idea of having to have a king, like the other surrounding nations, was displeasing to the Lord.  And Samuel foresaw judgment coming from God for their sins... and somewhat like Moses, Samuel considered it sin if he failed to pray for this spiritually frail generation.

A.  God is convicting me of a sin of omission.  If it was really a “sin against God” for Samuel to fail in his responsibility to intercede in prayer for the Israelites, then where does that leave me?  It is only logical that I, too, am sinning against God if, as a minister of the Gospel, as a missionary to an entire nation and as a Christian father to three sons, three daughters in law and two grandchildren ... if I fail to regularly intercede for them.

P.  Oh Lord, I cry out to You to bless this nation... and for my wonderful family.  Visit us with a fresh move of Your Holy Spirit.  I do not ask You to repeat a renewal like You did in the past.  Just let Your Spirit Wind blow in this land of Argentina and in my native land again... and may many thousands of the lost be swept into a delightful, intimate relationship with You.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment