Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My “Times” are in His Great Hand

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 Piedra  Buena, Patagonia
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 23   Psalm 31, 54   Matt 7
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 31:14-15 But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand;
Vs 19 Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You.
Vs 23 Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful.  NKJV

O.  David had gathered a motley group of riff-raff... 400 men. (1 Sam 22:2) And everyone who was in distress, everyone who was in debt, and everyone who was discontented gathered to him. So he (David) became captain over them. And there were about four hundred men with him. King Saul chased David all over the country trying to kill him so he would not become king in his place.  But David has a secret weapon.  He is trusting in the Lord God of heaven.  His “times” were in God’s hand.  Better days were coming.

A.  My “times” are nestled securely in the hollow of God’s great big hand.  Some days I rise with fresh energy.  Other days I rise in exhaustion.  Some days I look forward to all the good things awaiting me. Other days I dread a long journey ahead through the storm. But every day I know that my “times” are in God’s hand. Many people ask me: “Are you driving all over those long lonely, desert roads all alone?” Not really. I am not alone. I have nothing to fear. When “my time” is up, He will carry me in the hollow of His big hand into a safer, better place. The best is yet to come!

P.  Lord, it is so comforting to rest in Your promises. Most of the time I relish every moment, living in the sunshine of Your blessings. Sometimes I seem to enter a dark tunnel. But I never need to be distressed, for by faith I can see light at the end of that tunnel.  I can lean back and rest for my “times” are in Your hand.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment