Friday, April 22, 2016

There is nothing better than a kind hearted, beautiful woman

Friday, April 22, 2016 Rio Gallegos, Patagonia
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 25, 26   Psalm 63   Matt 9
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Sam 25:32-33  Then David said to Abigail: "Blessed is the LORD God of Israel, who sent you this day to meet me! And blessed is your advice and blessed are you, because you have kept me this day from coming to bloodshed and from avenging myself with my own hand.” NKJV

O.  Nabal was a rich man, but was brutal.  He refused a little kindness to David’s men and insulted them thoroughly.  David became angry and would have shed blood that day, except for the wise and beautiful wife of Nabal.  While he was drinking himself drunk, she prepared many gifts and rode a donkey to meet David and his men.  There is nothing better than a kind hearted, beautiful woman to calm the anger of a man.  Later within a few weeks Nabal died at God’s hand and David sent a messenger to ask for the hand of his widow, Abigail.

A.  God uses a wise woman to keep David from doing something he would have later regretted.  He did not have to lift his hand against Nabal.  Within days God took care of him.  “...it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” Rom 12:19 KJV  May I never take vengeance on my own.  I can be sure that in His time, God will handle the situation with perfect judgment.

P.  Lord, I have learned many good things from King David, but here he is in error. So now I am learning from a wise and beautiful woman called Abigail.  Your book is filled with “mentors”.  They teach me both what is right and wrong.  Make me to be a good learner.  And may You, Lord Jesus, always be my perfect model.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment