Thursday, June 2, 2016

Anything you want... Just Ask!

Wednesday 5-18-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  2 Chron 1   I Kings 3   Ps 78   2 Thess 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. 2 Chron 1:7-10 On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, "Ask! What shall I give you?" And Solomon said to God: "... give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?" NKJV

O. God was pleased with Solomon’s choice when offered anything he wanted. It was the choice of a humble young man that realized his own weakness and ignorance.  In another place he tells God that he feels like a little child trying to do a grown man’s task. Then the Lord answers him by not only giving him wisdom, but adding abundant blessings over and above that which he had requested.

A. Oh, how many times I have felt like a little boy trying to do a man’s job! My wisdom is so limited in spite of many years of experience. I have to cry out to the Lord for His divine wisdom as I face important, life changing decisions. I wonder what I might answer if God were to appear to me tonight and say, “What shall I give you? Just ask!”

P. Lord, I realize that every good thing I have has come to me as a gift from heaven. I have often come to You with requests, some wise and perhaps some foolish. But You have responded with blessings over and again and like, Your dealing with King Solomon, whenever I have chosen to ask for things pleasing to You, You have literally poured out of Your abundant storehouse of blessings much more than I have requested.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment