Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Prisoner – encourager.

Tuesday 6-7-2016  (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Ecc 4 – 6   Psalm 18     Eph 3
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Eph 3:1 I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles...
Vs 13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
Vs 17-19 ...that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height — to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. NKJV

O. Paul, the prisoner, makes not a single complaint or even a description of his nasty prison cell.  Instead he shows concern about his readers, his Christian brothers and sisters. ‘Don’t lose heart by the fact that I am here suffering.  Don’t be ashamed to be the follower of a prisoner, rather let that be your glory.’

A.  When I am going through a difficult time, I tend to write about myself, my pain, my circumstances.  If not careful I might start every sentence with “I” this and “I” that.  The apostle’s entire letter to the Ephesians is designed to encourage the readers, lift them up, show them again their standing with God through Christ Jesus.  May I learn from my mentor, the Apostle Paul!

P.  Lord Jesus, You never complained about the scars of love carved forever in Your brow, Your back, Your hands, Your feet and Your side.  You showed them Your scars and then said, “In the same way I was sent, I now send you.”  You did not say it would be easy.  You are my Master Mentor. May I learn, first of all, from You!  Amen.   

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment