Thursday, June 2, 2016

The clean up

Tuesday 5-17-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  1 Chron 29   I Kings 2   Ps 95   2 Thess 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. 1 Kings 2:31 Then the king said to him, "Do as he has said, and strike him down and bury him, that you may take away from me and from the house of my father the innocent blood which Joab shed. NKJV

O. Joab, the General of David’s army had become a treacherous killer. In order to strengthen his own position, he had killed two other generals, both better than he. He hid a sword in his clothing and acted as though he was their friend and then without mercy he murdered them. It appears to me that David, in his later life, did not want to do his own dirty work, but left it for his son, Solomon. So at the beginning of his reign, Solomon was saddled with cleaning up the ranks. He was specifically instructed by David with the responsibility to sit in judgment related to several very evil men.

A. I am so glad that the Lord Jesus did not leave me with the ugly task of judging others and declaring their sentences. Sometimes the work of the Lord suffers serious blows from the hands of a traitor or from some leader that is seeking political power. In some cases the chosen leadership of the organization must apply judgment and discipline, but I thank the Lord I have not been called to be the judge. 

P. Father God, You have said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” Rom 12:19  KJV Because of this firm declaration I need not concern myself with judging and wishing evil upon those that mistreat me. You allow me to forgive them and to even love them.  And if they wish to accept it, You offer them Your wonderful grace and mercy just like You have done for me. I have absolute confidence in Your perfect judgment. And knowing that You judge righteously, I cling to the work of Your Son, Jesus, Who took my punishment. May every one that started out as Your enemy, be conquered by Your love and forgiveness as I have.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment