Friday, June 17, 2016

Are You calling me to be one of Your ravens?

Thursday 6-16-2016  Back home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  1 Kings 17 - 19    Col 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Kings 17:2-7  Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying, Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan.  And it will be that you shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there." So he went and did according to the word of the LORD, for he went and stayed by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan. The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning, and bread and meat in the evening; and he drank from the brook.  And it happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land. NKJV

O.  God was sending Elijah to a desert place where there were no food supplies, but He promised to supply his needs using ravens.  However, in time the brook dried up and God had a new place and provision for him.

A.  When God speaks to our hearts and we accept His challenge, He always has His ravens ready to feed us.  I wonder is Elijah got tired of receiving bread and meat from some ravens.  Finally, his only water supply dried up and God let him know that it was time to move on.  I have followed the Lord for many years. Frances and I and our children never suffered hunger.  I cannot speak for others, for certainly some of God’s choicest servants have gone without food and water, yet somehow even when our “brook dried up” God always sent us to His new provision.

P.  Thank you, Lord.  You have proved to be our Provider.  Even when we were not able to choose what we preferred to eat, we never lacked for something to eat and water to drink. I pray for Your servants that may be suffering today.  Send Your heavenly ravens to miraculously supply for them.  And if I should be called upon to become one of Your ravens, may I be quick to the rescue!  Make me to be sensitive to the need.  Show me how to fly away to carry Your sustenance to some hungry servant. Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment