Thursday, June 2, 2016

Come, prophesy with me!

Sunday 5-15-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  1 Chron 25 - 27    1 Thess 4
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. 1 Chron 25:1 Moreover David and the captains of the army separated for the service some of the sons of Asaph, of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, stringed instruments, and cymbals.
Vs 3 ...who prophesied with a harp to give thanks and to praise the LORD.
Vs 7 ...who were instructed in the songs of the LORD, all who were skillful,

O. Here we have a peek into David’s highly organized staff: some were talented singers, others skillful musicians.  As we read further, some were gate-keepers of great ability, others strong for their work, still others were chosen wise leaders like Jehonathan, a well educated and wise man.  

A. I often have wondered what was meant when King Saul met with the “prophets” and suddenly was overcome and found himself prophesying with them.  At least in the case of David’s staff... these “prophets” prophesied with a harp to give thanks and to praise the LORD. According to that criteria I prophesied with about 300 prophets last night at Pastors’ Ramon Saucedo and Juan Ferrer’s church. I love it! 

We were swept away in the glory of worship, little children and youth were dancing, some of us were on our knees, others stood with hands raised to heaven while a very skillful band was prophesying with their instruments, using them to worship God.  It was genuine!  It was well prepared, yet it was spontaneous. 

P.  Lord, as I read Your wonderful Word I have come to understand that the words “prophet”, “prophecy” and “prophesy” can have a variety of meanings. In some cases we are not informed of the details, but here is one case among David’s well organized staff, where there is no doubt concerning the content and purpose of their prophesying. Thank You for this example, one we all can follow and participate in. My heart is prophesying to You right now.  You are calling us all to come join the prophets, our skillful musicians and singers, as we sing of Our Savior. Amen.

Ralph
My pastor, William Booth-Clibborn, wrote the famous lyrics to the song* “Down from His Glory” and the chorus cries out:
Oh! How I love Him
How I adore Him
My breathe, my Savior
My All in All
The great Creator became my Savior
And all God’s fullness dwelleth in Him!

*(Sung to the famous melody of “O Sole Mio” written by Eduardo de Capua in 1898.).


No comments:

Post a Comment