Monday, June 20, 2016

Safe in the Hollow of His Hand

Monday 6-20-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  2 Kings 4 - 5   Psalm 83    1 Tim 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 83:3-4  They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.  They have said, "Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more." NKJV

O.  How many times have the nations surrounding Israel sought to destroy them!  In June of 1967 Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt declared that he would wipe Israel off the face of the earth!  Instead the famous “6 Day War” left 20,000 Egyptian forces dead, while Israel lost less than 1,000.  Israel not only protected their territory, but drove their enemies out of the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula, plus the Golan Heights, the West Bank and much more.  There can be no doubt that God has often protected tiny Israel although they are surrounded on all sides by those that would prefer to destroy them. 

A.  What does this speak to me?  It says to me that God is powerful and cares about those that recognize Him as their God.  And it speaks to me personally.  God has protected me and my family across these decades.  How could I not express my love and devotion for Him!

P.  Oh Lord, I join the congregation as we sing Your praises!  How great Thou art!  As I have traveled the highways of Argentina, ministering from town to town, often crossing hundreds of miles of open territory, I have never had to feel fear.  You do not promise me a clear freeway to heaven, but I can always feel secure on the “hollow of Your hand”. 

Ralph                         (I used to sing this song when I was a teenager)
In the Hollow of His Hand
George S Schuler

Our God hath given Promise-
And His grace for this hath planned;
His child shall rest securely
In the hollow of His hand.

Chorus:
Let come what may - or wave, or tempest-
"Peace, be still!" tis His command;
My soul is held in peace eternal
In the hollow of His hand.

O soul, be thou not troubled,
Tho' thou doest now understand;
No turmoil shall molest thee
In the hollow of His hand.

E'en tho' stern duty call thee,
And each day make full demand,
The soul may find its shelter
In the hollow of His hand.

The joy that passeth Knowledge,
Peace that none can understand,
For thee, for thee are waiting
In the hollow of His hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment