Thursday, June 2, 2016

I Surrender All?

Sunday 5-31-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 16 – 18     Rom 12
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Prov 16:9  A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. NKJV

O.  How comforting to know that the Lord has the final word in a life dedicated to Him!

A.  My plans for this week included a stop for a restful day or two in one of my favorite seashore hotels overlooking the ocean.  However, the judgment of my fellow missionaries, is that it is too soon after recovery from pneumonia to drive by myself for several hours. They are encouraging me to fly back to Buenos Aires where they feel I would have ready care if needed.  And someone else would return my car later.  I confess that this decision is not pleasing to me since it includes the extensive, very exhausting airport waits and flight and I will miss the freedom of having my car with me.  So the Lord whispered in my ear this morning, “A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.”  He is saying, “Quit grumbling, Ralph. I am Your Master, Your Boss.  And I am in this whole process.  Get with the program.  I am directing your steps!”

P.  Thank you, Lord, for calming the storm in my heart.  Help me to surrender all my plans and joyfully embrace Your ways.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment