Thursday, June 30, 2016

Grace that produces holiness

Thursday 6-30-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Amos 7 – 9    Psalm 104    Titus 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Titus 2:11-14  For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul can put a lot in a single sentence.  This is a “call to holiness.”
1. God’s grace brings us salvation... and it is to be presented to all people equally.
2. That same grace teaches us to live godly lives in this present age.
3. We must never lose our blessed hope, that Christ Jesus’ may return at any time.
4. Remember how He gave Himself to purify us as His own special people.

A.  Where am I in this equation?  Saved by grace?  Yes. Forsaking worldly desires in this present age? I’m trying. Always looking for Christ’s return? Well, sometimes I forget to watch for Him.  Remembering that He died to make me pure... His special treasure?  Awesome!

P.  Oh Lord, may I never forget Your divine purpose for my life.  You are shaping me.  You want to purify me even as I face the challenges of this present age.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment