Sunday, June 5, 2016

Frances and I gave her a name.

Sunday 6-5-2016  (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 30 – 31   Psalm 33   Eph 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Prov 30:24-28 There are four things which are little on the earth, But they are exceedingly wise: The ants are a people not strong, Yet they prepare their food in the summer;  The rock badgers are a feeble folk, Yet they make their homes in the crags; The locusts have no king, Yet they all advance in ranks; The spider skillfully grasps with its hands, And it is in kings' palaces. NKJV

O. Frances and I gave her a name.  She had identified two tall palm trees, one on each side of our waterfall and koi fish pond in our beautiful back yard.  The palms were about 10 feet apart, but she, like a master engineer, had placed a strong cable reaching across the entire pond from tree to tree.  Each morning she could be seen spinning a perfectly balanced circular net out over the middle of the pond to catch the flying insects for her daily meals.  And each night she took that entire web down for the night, leaving only the supporting cable, tree to tree.  I never liked spiders until I met her.  Somehow God had programmed into that tiny brain a plan that would challenge the best of engineers.

A. I think I am so smart.  When I was in high school I excelled in math and other sciences that required logic. I thought I might become an engineer like my big brother, Mel, eleven years older than I.  Many years later I watched that little garden spider at work and had to admit my ignorance.  How did she ever get that first cable from tree to tree?  God made some little creatures, that taken into consideration the size of their brain and ours, make us look stupid.  

P.  Thank you, Lord that I am smart enough to recognize my ignorance.  The human brain is capable of doing much good, but also it has proved itself capable of doing great harm.  Lord, had it not been for the fall of man into sin, where might we be today?  I cannot change the past, but I thank you again for Your redemption which cost You so much and offers us free justification by faith and a brand new start for all who will believe.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment