Thursday, June 2, 2016

Praise God! I am forgiven!

Monday 5-23-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  2 Chron 6 - 7   Ps 135   Rom 4
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Rom 4:7-8 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin." NKJV

O. Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles, but dealt as well with many Jews, bringing them to faith in Christ.  Here he uses the Jewish Bible, the Old Testament, to prove his declarations.  He describes the case of Abraham, who before he had been circumcised, believed and it was counted to him for righteousness.  And he quotes David’s wonderful Psalm 32 on forgiveness.  So forgiveness is not limited to those that keep the Jewish laws.  I can be forgiven as well.

A. Where would I be if it had not been for God’s “forgiveness”?  That word is sweet to my soul.  It is so refreshing to know that I have been forgiven, washed in the blood of the Lamb.  John writes: 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. That is good enough for me.  NKJV

P.  Lord I always want to please You, but have failed many times.  But each time You have allowed Your Holy Spirit to convict me of sin.  And when I come to You repentant, I find You ready to give me full and total forgiveness through the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus. And you wash me white as the fresh fallen snow.  Hallelujah!

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment