Thursday, June 2, 2016

What?! You will freely give me “all things?”

Friday 5-27-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 4 – 6     Rom 8
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

Released today from ICU Pneumonia

S.  Rom 8:32  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?  NKJV

O.  “All things?” Oh!  How generous is our wonderful God!  I am immediately reminded of the accusing words of a disgruntled, jealous son who pointed his finger at the party that was going on in the house and said harsh words to his father.  “Look at them in there, feasting on our choice beef steaks and dancing to the music to celebrate the return of your filthy, rebel son who blew Your money, his whole inheritance on harlots... while I never let you down once... NEVER... and you never ever barbequed so much as a little goat to do a party for me!”  NUHV*  Then came the words of my loving Father. 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. NKJV

A.  What?!  “All that I have is yours!”  How much does this Father of mine have, anyway?  The universe is His.  All the wealth is His.  “Now if I am governed by my fleshly, carnal mind I will start seeing gold plated dollar signs, but if I am living according to the Spirit, I will start thinking... WOW!...”  NUHV Rom 8:5 “All of His grace is mime!  All of His mercy is mine!  All of His Love is mine!  Does this other “prodigal son” realize that his Daddy just rushed out of the celebration to intercept him... another lost son, living so close to his father... but a thousand miles away in his relationship with his Daddy?  Hey, farmer boy, wake up!  He LOVES YOU!  How much is that worth?!

P.  Okay, Lord, I trust that You will forgive me for mutilating the wording of one of Your choice stories.  But it is so true that if Your Father did not hold back His very best gift from us rebel sinners... the “One unspeakable Gift!”  How much more I can count on Him to open His treasure chest to share everything He has with me!  And Jesus, You are just like Your Father.  In fact, You and Him and Your Holy Spirit all add up to One... big, super- generous God!  Amen.

Ralph

PS: I was astonished to be released from the hospital this morning, with all my vitals right on target!  I am weak, yes, very weak from the pneumonia and will not be accepting preaching engagements for remaining final three weeks in Argentina.  However all my treatments can be done at “home”... “home” being the Martin and Charlotte Jacobson mansion... with excellent care.  How can I thank you all for your expressions of care and for your prayers?!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment