Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Lord, they sought You with all their heart and soul.

Wednesday 6-15-2016  (This morning in Houston Airport awaiting flight to SFO) 
Scripture Reading:  1 Kings 16    2 Chron 15 - 16    Col 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  2 Chron 15:14-15  Then they took an oath before the LORD with a loud voice, with shouting and trumpets and rams' horns. And all Judah rejoiced at the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and sought Him with all their soul; and He was found by them, and the LORD gave them rest all around. NKJV

O.  I am captured by the phrases “with all their heart” and “with all their soul.”  Asa followed kings that did evil in the sight of the Lord, but he determined to bring Judah back to the Lord.  He even removed his own grandmother from her position as “queen mother” because she had made an obscene image of Asherah. 

A.  Whenever I have set myself to seek the Lord with all my heart and my soul... God allows Himself to be found. He is not hiding from me. He knows our heart and while we are only half in and half out, He waits for us to seek Him with all our heart and soul.  Do you remember that good old song, “I surrender 50%”?  Well, that is not what the song says.  It is “I surrender all.”  When God sees a heart and soul all the way “in”... then He reveals Himself to us... and gives us rest.

P.  Dear Lord, my devotional times must not become cold, structured habit. If my heart is not in it, I will be playing only with words. If You are not in my life, I have no reason to carry on.  You are my life.  Did I really seek and find You?  Actually You sought and found me.  You read my heart, not just my lips.  May I always seek You “with all my heart and with all my soul!” Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment