Sunday, June 19, 2016

Paul says, “If He could save me, He can save you!”

Sunday 6-19-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  2 Kings 1 -3   Psalm 82    1 Tim 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Tim 1:13-17  Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul has just written a list of all kinds of sinners, including sodomites and liars in the same category.  Now he includes himself in the list as the chief of all sinners, worse than the worse of them.  He says, “Christ came into the world to save sinners” and he started with me so that others sinners could see the grace and mercy of Christ displayed for me as a pattern... to know that they, too, could believe on Him Who loved them enough to die in their place and they too could have everlasting life.

A.  There is hope for every sinner, for our Jesus came into the world for that very reason. The scriptures make is clear. All of us have sinned. (Rom 3:10, 23)   Paul saw his past as a chief of sinners.  Early on in life I learned that there was hope for me.  Jesus had died for me.  I did not have to be chained as a sinner bound for destruction.  I had a choice: Still as a child I believed and was saved!

P.  Lord Jesus, how merciful, how compassionate, how loving You are!  And You reflect the heart of Your Father.  Oh that every wicked sinner could be stopped in his tracks as Paul was... stopped by a light brighter than the noonday sun!  Use me to shine Your light upon those that walk in darkness today.  Give me a heart of mercy, compassion and love toward the worse of sinners.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment