Thursday, June 2, 2016

What should I wear today?

Wednesday 6-1-2016  (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 19 – 21     Rom 13
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Rom 13:12-14 “Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ...”  NKJV

O.  What should I wear today?

A.  It is a question that many have never had to ask since they feel fortunate to own one shirt or two and a pair of jeans.  But for the rest of us we are faced with choices.  This morning I was catching a plane to Buenos Aires.  I dressed warmly, since its winter and I am recovering from pneumonia.  What I choose to wear is often related to my task for today.  I don’t wear a suit and tie to work in the garden.  So when I go to church I put on a Jesus smile complete with a ready hug and a handshake.  I just returned from the huge mall across the street where I went to enjoy my “food court lunch”.  I wasn’t dressed for church... just for lunch... but as often happens, a young man saw me, chased me down, and said, “Aren’t you Rafael?” (I am always “Rafael” in Argentina).  So I got a hug on the spot.  I turned to walk on and here came three more full of smiles and hugs and all of these from another city saying, “We thought you were in the hospital 800 miles away. We were praying for you and here you are walking in the mall!” J  Well, duh... God answers prayers.  Reminds me of Acts 12, when the whole church was praying for Peter’s release from prison, but they couldn’t believe Sister Rhoda when she said Peter was at the front door.  “Can’t be!  He is in prison!”  Duh!

P.  Lord, it’s not even Sunday, but I know it would please You if I put on the Lord Jesus Christ... today and every day... even to work in the garden or on the plumbing.  And, by the way, thanks for lifting me up out of ICU... to “I see you!”  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment