Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Christ I love is coming soon

Saturday 5-21-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  1 Kings 7   2 Chron 4   Ps 98   Rom 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Ps 98:4-9 Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises. Sing to the LORD with the harp, With the harp and the sound of a psalm, With trumpets and the sound of a horn; Shout joyfully before the LORD, the King.
Let the sea roar, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell in it; Let the rivers clap their hands; Let the hills be joyful together before the LORD,  For He is coming to judge the earth. With righteousness He shall judge the world, And the peoples with equity. NKJV

O. “Let the hills be joyful for He is coming...” The Jewish people were aware that one day God would visit earth in the Person of their Messiah and many of them, even centuries later in the time of Jesus were hoping that He was the awaited Messiah.  But when He was killed, certainly many lost their faith in Him.

A. “He is coming...” And for that day I wait. It could be today.  There was a wonderful old song that said, “The Christ I love is coming soon. It made be morning, night or noon.  My lamp is lit. I’ll watch and pray. It may be today. It may be today.”  I loved the music to this song and although I only heard it sung once, I think, I loved to play the chorus at the piano and sing it with those special minor, major and seventh chords that it displayed long before its time. If anybody knows and has this old song, please let me know.  (not to be mistaken for the  common hymn sung many times, “Jesus is coming soon. It may be morning, night or noon...” That one is all over the internet, the only reference to the lyrics of the song which I am seeking had been removed from the internet apparently.

P.  Lord, wonderful songs still stick in my head after many decades.  I thank You for that.  Few today sing of your coming, but You have promised in Your perfect time to return.  And I am waiting for You.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus!  Amen.

Ralph
4/4 time
Cm             Fm / Bb7              Eb
The Christ I love, is coming soon
Eb            Fm          G7           Cm
It may be morning, night or noon
Cm            G7/ Eb  Cm            Eb
My lamp is lit.  I’ll watch and pray
Eb              Fm /Bb7               Eb
It may be today.  It may be today.


No comments:

Post a Comment