Thursday, June 2, 2016

Every act of self torture says, “I cannot believe Christ’s work is enough.”

Saturday 5-28-2016  (Gaiman, Patagonian Bible Institute, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 7 – 8     Rom 9
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Rom 9:3-5  For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.  NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul describes the many benefits of being an Israelite, saying that he would accept a curse upon himself, if that could save his brothers, his beloved people, who had so openly rejected the true Christ, their Messiah. 

A.  Yet, a thousand curses cast upon the best of us could never save a single soul.  Jesus, the only sinless “God-man”, took every curse that my soul deserved, upon Himself at the cross.  God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Cor 5:21) NIV  The work is done, complete!  I can add nothing to His free gift of salvation!  If I crawled on my knees until they bled to reach some sacred site, I would only be expressing that I cannot accept by faith that His work is truly complete, sufficient, enough to pay for all my sin.  Every act of penance... of self torture, says, “I cannot accept Christ’s sacrifice as enough.”  Truth is: I just have to accept it!  A free gift cannot be earned!

P.  Lord God, I thank you for the clear message of Your New Covenant.  You have written Your covenant, Your precious promises, in Your Book... and upon my heart of hearts... and I believe You.  Amen.

Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment