Friday, June 3, 2016

What power is in Your Word!

Friday 6-3-2016  (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  Prov 25 – 27     Rom 15
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Rom 15:4  For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.  NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul refers to the Old Testament scriptures, how they are intended to be for our learning.  He writes a similar word to the Corinthians “Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.” 1 Cor 10:11 NKJV

A.  The book that inspired me to begin these written SOAP devotionals is author Wayne Cordeiro’s book called “The Divine Mentor.”  His thesis is that every story in the Bible supplies us with mentors, both positive and negative.  With new vigor I began to read through the Bible using his time chart, which takes one through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice each year.  I let the Lord show me a verse or two that spoke to my soul and thus began my handwritten SOAP devotional notes over 5 years ago.  A few years later I began sharing them with some friends.

P.  Oh Lord, how precious is Your Word to me!  Your Holy Spirit makes it come alive for me.  It breathes comfort, hope and sometimes gentle rebuke into my hungry soul. If I listen only to the voices of this age which surround me I am brought down toward depression, but then You speak a word into my soul and I am lifted high above this evil and cruel world to “learn” and gently, slowly, be shaped into Your glorious image.  What power is in Your Word!  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment