Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Work of Art

Wednesday 11-30-16 Bella Vista, Corrientes, northern Argentina   
Today we read Romans 1 - 4

S.  Rom 1:1 This letter is from Paul, Jesus Christ's slave, chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach his Good News. 
Vs 2 This Good News was promised long ago by God through his prophets in the holy Scriptures.
Vs 3-5 It is the Good News about his Son, Jesus, who came as a man, born into King David's royal family line. And Jesus Christ our Lord was shown to be the Son of God when God powerfully raised him from the dead by means of the Holy Spirit.  Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
Vs 6-7 You are among those who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ, dear friends in Rome. God loves you dearly, and he has called you to be his very own people.  NLT

O.  Verse 1 Who is the writer? A slave of Jesus sent out with a message.   Verse 2 The foundation of this message? The Holy Scriptures.  Vs 3-5 The content of the message?  God’s Son became a man, was killed and raised from the dead and through Him we can include the Gentiles in His benefits.  Vs 6-7 Yes, you, too, are loved by God and have been called to be His own.

A.  This letter to the believers in Rome amazes me by its perfection.  It is a work of art.  The Apostle Paul could not edit his message after writing it.  Once written, it was written… yet the entire book flows with perfect harmony, starting with this concise introduction.  This speaks to me of the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as it is written. 

P.  Lord, I treasure Your written Word and drink deeply of its heavenly nectar.  It is food for my soul.  I watch the tiny humming birds drink from the colorful flowers in my garden and I am reminded that I must cherish this beautiful flower that You have preserved for me. I taste its sweetness and drink.  In it I find renewed energy to fulfill your plans for one more day.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment