Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The God of Perfect Justice

Friday 12-30-16, Modesto, California
Today we read Rev 15 - 18 
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Rev 15:3-4 "Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.  Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed." NLT

O. I have placed my trust in a perfectly just God. However, according to His Holy Book, He looks at unbelief, rebellion and all other sinful attitudes and actions as much more serious than we do, who grew up with sin in our DNA. But His wonderful Book not only reveals Him as just. It also reveals Him as loving. In fact, He loves us enough to sacrifice His only Son in our place and to open the gates of heaven to anyone who will accept His gift of love and grace.

A. I am trusting that I will not receive justice. Justice would send this sinner to suffer for his sin.  I am trusting in the wonderful, clear message of His loving sacrifice in my place.  I am covered. My sin is blotted out.  My name is written in the Book of Life.  I do not and cannot deserve such a reward.  It is a gift. And when someone tries to buy their gift with pious actions, penitence, crawling on their knees to a crucifix or whatever… they reveal that they cannot open their heart to receive His free gift. All I had to do was extend my hand and receive His gift and offer Him my thanks.

P. Lord, still many strive to pay for Your “unspeakable Gift.” They find it difficult to accept such a gift without somehow earning it. Anoint me with Your Holy Spirit. Help me to share your Gift by changing unbelievers into believers. The evidence of broken chains always follows. Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment