Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Noah walked with God

Tuesday 1-3-17, Boring, Oregon
Today we read Gen 6 – 8, Luke 3 
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Gen 6:9-10 This is the history of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless man living on earth at the time. He consistently followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with him. Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. NLT

O. The New Living Translation which I have been using this year says Noah followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with him. However, the original Hebrew text describes Noah as, “a perfect and just man” and that “walked with God.”

A. The only way I know to go down in God’s book as “perfect and just” is “to walk with God.” And how marvelous!!! Jesus Christ, God’s only Son has opened the door for me to do that very thing: “walk with God.” I am certainly not perfect and just, but as I walk with Him, His divine justice and righteousness kind of rob off on me.  And since I am frail and flawed, He covers me with His mantel of righteousness. 

P. Lord Jesus, as I walk this path of my life, please keep me close to You. I have no other path that appeals to me, but if You see me about to take a step in the wrong direction, please reach out and rescue me from straying away. Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment