Friday, January 13, 2017

Proof of a cleaned up heart

Tuesday 11-15-2016 City of Resistencia, northern Argentina   
Today we read Job 41 – 42 and 2 Cor. 1 - 2

S.  Job 42:3 I was talking about things I did not understand, things far too wonderful for me.
Vs 6 I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.
Vs 10 When Job prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes. In fact, the LORD gave him twice as much as before!  NLT

O.  How many years did Job suffer?  We do not know.  He lost his family, fortune and health.  His friends who came to comfort him only accused him of secret sin.  Job tried with many words to defend his integrity and attempted to tackle subjects that were beyond human knowledge.  But when God Himself spoke to him, Job confessed his futile attempts and repented in dust and ashes before the Lord.  This repentance resulted in his healing. His change of heart is proved as he prays for his tormentors… and God says, “Son, now I can bless you double!”

A.  I have never suffered like Job and hope God will not require that of me.  But if so, may this book teach me to go straight to the final chapter. May I search my heart and repent of all my ugly attitudes and step forward to pray for… and bless… any and all those that may have criticized and tormented me.

P.  Lord Jesus, Your love is so great that You prayed for Your tormentors as You hung dying on the cross.  You showed us what God’s love looks like. May that same love from heaven dominate my attitudes and actions.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment