Tuesday, January 24, 2017

We have our very own High Priest

Monday 12-12-16, Modesto USA 
Today we read Hebrews 5 - 8 

S.  Heb 8:1-2 In summary: We have our representative, our very own High Priest, Who has taken His place of highest honor in the heavens at His Father’s right hand where He ministers on our behalf, not in a tent made with human hands like Moses’ tabernacle, but rather in the true heavenly place of worship built by God Himself.  NUHV**

O.  Our political representatives often seem to fail in their tasks of representing the desires of those that placed them in their position.  Not so with Our Heavenly Representative Who earnestly pleads for Our best possible future, even in spite of our faults. 

A.  Several translations say, “We have a High Priest… “ He is “Our Representative” and if this is true, He is “MY representative.”  That says to me that He is mine, on my side, pleading for mercy and grace to be extended to me.  My position of fully assured salvation is not based upon my fragile ups and downs.  I have the living, resurrected Jesus Christ, pleading my case before the Great Judge of all the earth. He carried all of my guilt to His cross and paid the price in full for my redemption… and yours, too!

P.  Lord Jesus, I see Hebrews 8:1-2 as a summary of what this great book, written for the benefit of the extended Hebrew family, is laying as a clear foundation for our salvation.  We have You as Our Great High Priest representing us in the Heavenly Holy of Holies. I choose to trust You for my eternal security.  Amen.

Ralph
**New Unauthorized Hiatt Version


No comments:

Post a Comment