Friday, January 13, 2017

Lord, your love makes life worth living.

Sunday 11-13-2016 City of Resistencia, northern Argentina   
Today we read Job 39 - 40 and 1 Cor. 13 - 14

S.  1 Cor 13:1-3 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.  If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. NLT

O. 1 Corinthians 13 has only a few verses, but they speak volumes.

A.  Oh! Where can we find this kind of love? It is not for sale at the drug store.  Do I even dare to ask God for it? If He pours a portion of this love in my heart, it may cost my life. It did for Jesus.

P.  Dear Lord, You know me better than I know myself.  You hear my words, but read my heart. You see my tears and decode what is behind them.  You know my deepest desires and my priorities. Could You?… Would You place what is left of my life right in the middle of 1 Corinthians 13 and let Your special love be poured out upon those around me?  Please, Lord, that might give me a new start and make me want to live many more years.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment