Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Showered with His kindness, wisdom and understanding

Sunday 12-4-16 Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina   
Today we read Ephesians 1 - 4

S.  Eph 1:6-8 So we praise God for the wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son. He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. NLT

O.  The Apostle Paul had ministered for two whole years in Ephesus, teaching daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.  Obviously, he knew these friends intimately and love them dearly.  Sometimes I wonder what the Apostle Paul’s preaching and teaching was like.  Well, I think it might be like reading this powerful letter, showing us our position in Christ and how we should respond to that great honor.

A.  To whom do I belong?  Not just to the First Assembly of God on the corner.  I belong to God’s dearly loved Son!  By the shedding of His blood, my sins are all forgiven.  And on top of all this blessing he showers me with understanding and wisdom.  I do not feel comfortable and wise when people come to me seeking counsel and a solution for their complex situation.  There are others better prepared than I.  The best I can do is point them in the right direction and pray for them.  And in some cases that is enough.

P.  Lord, I recognize that I am not a prepared counselor, like many other pastors. I am just an old guy with a lot of miles on the highway of life.  I share Your wisdom only when I am sure that it is Your wisdom, not mine.  I cannot patch up the broken lives that surround me, but I am happy to introduce them to You and let You take it from there.  For You are our… “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.” (Isa 9:6) NIV  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment