Wednesday, January 25, 2017

'There is still room for more.'

Saturday 1-14-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Gen 34 – 36 and Luke 14
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Luke 14:21-24 'Go quickly into the streets and alleys of the city and invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind.'  After the servant had done this, he reported, 'There is still room for more.'  So his master said, 'Go out into the country lanes and behind the hedges and urge anyone you find to come, so that the house will be full.  For none of those I invited first will get even the smallest taste of what I had prepared for them.'" NLT

O. All of Jesus’ parables are filled with hidden truths. Who were the healthy, wealthy original people invited? Probably the religious Israelites to whom he was speaking. They were too busy with life. Who, then, were those to whom the Master sent his servant? They were those that had never before heard an invitation like this. They had nothing to offer, but their presence. “Come, there is still room at the Master’s table!”

A. “Ralph, I am taking to you.” “Yes, Lord, what’s up?” “The world around you is filled with people that are too busy with their trivial lives to pay any attention to my invitation. So, I am sending you to the sick, the sinful, the addicts, the distant, the isolated and the forgotten ones. Some of them are little helpless and hopeless children. Some are youth that have been trapped in sin, gangs and drugs. Some are aged, isolated and forgotten. I am sending you to them. They can’t fill your coffers. They can only repay you with a heart-felt ‘Thank you’ and a hug. This and only this will be your golden reward. You still have some ‘go’ in you. So now, ‘go for the gold!’”

P. Lord Jesus, I am out of excuses. You have given me health and energy beyond many of my peers. I will go again. I will seek them out. I will pour out Your divine love on them… and, yes, they will respond to sit with me at Your table and celebrate with You.  Amen.

Ralph
PS. For all my friends: Yes, December 31st I turned 85. And I just now purchased my ticket back to Argentina, leaving March 8th. I’ll have 90 days to minister until June 6th. I count on your prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment