Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Greatness, According to the Master

Tuesday 11-22-16 Posadas City, northern Argentina   
Today we read Matt 11 - 13

S.  Matt 11:11-12 I assure you, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the most insignificant person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is!  NLT

O. Now try to figure out that statement.  I see it as “on earth” John the Baptist was the greatest, but in heavenly kingdom he loses his high status and any little insignificant child is considered greater than he.  If I believed all the words spoken about me as pastors and friends introduce me, I would be on a par with Brother John the Baptist. J But the truth is far from that. I am just a weak old man with a powerful Friend.  Jesus was always mixing things up like “The first will be last and the last first.” “Humble yourself, get down low, and you will be exalted.”

A.  As a child I was skinny and socially inept. I was a “nobody” and knew it. I had few friends in school. I did well in my studies, but I felt like all the other students were adults and I was still a child.  They discussed the movie stars and I had never seen a movie.  I was not included in their world. And God, who chooses the least of all, looked down and pushed me out onto the stage.  I was clumsy, wordless and hopeless, but He did not give up on me.

P.  Lord, You know that I am not seeking status.  It’s okay with me to be on the bottom rung of Your ladder… just keep me on Your ladder.  J  I feel highly honored to be included among those who have received Your free grace and mercy.  I can merit nothing.  But You somehow give me importance.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment