Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tune in and Tune up.

Sunday 11-27-16 Puerto Iguazú, northern Argentina   
Today we read Psalm 125 and Matt 26 - 27

S.  Ps 125:4 O LORD, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you. NLT

O.  Who are those with hearts in tune with God? They are probably the same folk that are mentioned in Psalm 1 who do not follow the advice of the wicked, don’t join in with the scoffers, but rather delight in doing everything they think the Lord would want them to do and find their delight in studying the Word of God.

A.  These are the days when we tune in. We choose the channel that we want. We search the web for what we want. We synchronize the car radio with the music we want. The musicians tune up their instruments… or at least they should. Not long ago I suffered through the worship time… since one of the instruments was obviously out of tune. Talented fingers played the right chords, but the instrument was responding with discord. Every musician wants a perfectly tuned instrument. So does Jesus. I want to be in tune with My Master and I have discovered that I need to be “tuned up” every morning once again.

P.  Lord, it’s tune-up time again.  May Your delicate, talented fingers pluck each string of my heart and pull it into perfect synchronization with My Father in heaven. You will be listening to the music I make today. That fact makes me want an instrument in tune with heaven’s harps… and with Your heart. Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment