Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What if the LORD had not been on our side!

Friday 11-18-2016 Apipé Island, northern Argentina   
Today we read Psalm 124 and 2 Cor. 11 - 13

S.  Ps 124:1 If the LORD had not been on our side…
Vs 4 …The waters would have engulfed us;
Vs 7-8 We escaped like a bird from a hunter's trap. The trap is broken, and we are free!  Our help is from the LORD, Who made the heavens and the earth. NLT

O. Every man, every woman, every lost sinner, trapped in the snare of Satan needs to know that the Lord is on his or her side… not against them.

A. If the Lord was not on my side where would I be today?  I was rescued as a little child.  If He had not found me and set me free, I would be wallowing in the mud of sinful habits. I would have dragged untold numbers of friends and acquaintances into my same path and would be headed full speed toward the terrifying consequences in the hands of the enemy.

P. Lord, You reached down, way down, to lift me up. And even though I failed you time and again, You did not give up on me. You loved me enough to take my shame and guilt and it carried You to torture and a terrible death. But You conquered death and, with that act, You broke Satan’s trap and set me free. It’s so good to have You on my side!  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment