Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Christmas is in the air.

Monday 12-5-16 Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina   
Today we read Ephesians 5 – 6 and Psalm 119:1 - 80

S.  Ps 119:25 I lie in the dust, completely discouraged; revive me by your word.
Vs 28 I weep with grief; encourage me by your word.
Vs 35-39 Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. Give me an eagerness for your decrees; do not inflict me with love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.  Reassure me of your promise, which is for those who honor you.  Help me abandon my shameful ways; your laws are all I want in life. NLT

O. Psalm 119 is a poem, a song with 22 stanzas.  Each one represents one of the 22 letters of the alphabet of the Hebrew consonants. Each stanza has 8 verses. Every single verse refers to one of the following: God’s laws, decrees, paths, commandments, commands, principles, word, or His rules.  It is the longest chapter in the Bible and is located near the center of the entire Bible. 

A. Its message to me is direct and uncompromising: To live a happy, fruitful, godly life… God’s Holy Word must be at the center of my thoughts and concerns.  It is my compass, keeping me aware of the “true north” for my life.  To allow “the BooK” to accumulate dust is to invite shipwreck and disaster.  To read and follow its wisdom is to assure me of security and happiness.

P.  Lord Jesus, Christmas is in the air.  Its sweet music blesses us. Our minds are centered around purchasing gifts for our children and loved ones. It is a wonderful time of the year.  May we be reminded that this season exists only because of You. Draw us away from material things long enough to read and meditate on Your Holy Word and if we are straying from the path, correct our heading, show us the “Way”, Your “Way”… to happiness and eternal life.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment