Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Captured by Love

Tuesday 1-17-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Gen 42 – 43, Psalm 5 and Luke 17
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 17:20-21 One day the Pharisees asked Jesus, "When will the Kingdom of God come?" Jesus replied, "The Kingdom of God isn't ushered in with visible signs.   You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is among you." NLT

O. The religious Jews were hoping for a day to come when their Messiah would conquer their enemies and establish a Kingdom with its center in Jerusalem. Most of the Pharisees did not believe in Jesus, but they questioned Him constantly, either seeking to catch Him in an error or perhaps, in this case, just to see what He would say. Jesus’ answer sets them back on their heels. “Don’t look for a gala parade ushering in the Kingdom of God. Don’t expect a situation where you can run up to take selfies with the new king. Hey! The Kingdom of God is already here, right now “among you”. NUHV** Several translations say, “within you”. 

A. At the time of this question, Jesus has already begun to usher in the Kingdom of God. It is destined to be a kingdom without borders of a river or a mountain range. This kingdom is wherever the King has conquered his subjects. It exists wherever the King reigns. This King does not win territory by force. He wins by conquering the heart with His great love. I was just a little child. I did not understand political borders, but I met my King and surrendered without a fight.

P. Lord Jesus, You did not take me by force and You do not retain me by force.  You paid the price for my redemption. You bought me at the cost of Your blood. You purchased a slave to sin, so You could set me free. I have been captured by Your love. And You have welcomed me into Your Kingdom, the Kingdom of God. What a privilege! Amen.

Ralph
**New Unauthorized Hiatt Version




No comments:

Post a Comment