Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Playing games of killers

Wednesday 1-4-17, Seattle, Washington
Today we read Gen 9 – 11, Luke 4 
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Gen 9:5-7 Animals that kill people must die, and any person who murders must be killed.  Yes, you must execute anyone who murders another person, for to kill a person is to kill a living being made in God's image. NLT

O. Although Moses is believed to be the author of this book, this part of the story, just like all the previous history, occurred many years before Moses wrote his famous Mosaic laws. Here, God is instructing Noah and his descendants. “Any animal that attacks and kills a person must be killed and likewise any murderer must pay for his crime with death.”  Today our children are exposed to dozens of murders every month through TV and internet. They are given fake guns to point at each other yelling, “Bang, fall down, you are dead.” It seems to me that the art of writing stories for the media has deteriorated kill, kill and destroy. Our culture deliberately teaches its offspring to kill… with video games… just for fun!  Should we be surprised with youth that get angry and break into a school room to kill?

A. My father taught me how to use a gun. It was used only to hunt and kill animals that we would then prepare to eat. We were never to even point a toy gun at a person. We were taught that most accidents happened with weapons that were thought to be disarmed.

P. Lord, very soon, I will be taken to my new home in Heaven. I am concerned for my country and my own children and theirs. May my descendants follow Jesus and may God’s angels protect them as they love and bless their enemies.  Amen.

Ralph
PS: I do not hate Muslims. However, knowing some of the instructions of their holy book, I tend to fear them. I love them and wish the best for them, which would be to renounce their religion of hatred and follow the Christ of love. I have a written a brief treatise explaining my personal feelings on this subject in which I suggest that we require people who have been raised under this religion, and that wish to enter this country as residents, be required to read aloud before witnesses just two or three pages of quotes like this one from their holy book and make a public choice at the close.  (If you wish, I will send you a copy of my short treatise at your request.)
One sample quote of 20:
Quran (8:12) “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.”
Are we capable of loving people that have been taught and believe this to be Allah’s orders? Jesus is! Yes, Jesus loves them… enough to give His life for them, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment