Friday, January 13, 2017

Try spending your life in service to others… Wow! what joy!

Monday 11-14-2016 City of Resistencia, northern Argentina   
Today we read Psalm 149 and 1 Cor. 15 - 16

S.  1 Cor 16:13-16 Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong. And everything you do must be done with love.  You know that Stephanas and his household were the first to become Christians in Greece, and they are spending their lives in service to other Christians. I urge you, dear brothers and sisters, to respect them fully and others like them who serve with such real devotion.  NLT

O.  How rewarding for the Apostle Paul to have his first converts in Greece spending their lives in service to others. 

A.  This past weekend I have been introduced to several men and women who perfectly fit this category.  They are “spending their lives in service to others.”  No one is spreading the news of their faithful service.  Very few know about it.  But they can be counted on.  They will be there right on time opening their arms to little children, adults and the aged.  Their pay-check is simply the joy they receive for their faithfulness… and the hugs and kisses of little children that run to them.

P.  Dear Lord, I do not ask for fame. I just want to make You famous among those that never knew You. I do not ask for a pay-check, because You faithfully supply my every need. Help me to be an open channel, that can freely pass on the blessing that You send my way.  You said to Your team: (Matt 10:9) Freely you have received, freely give. NIV And every time I find one of my converts… another “Stephanas” that is giving their life for others, I find my recompense in full. Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment