Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The message is received with joy

Monday 11-28-16 Eldorado, northern Argentina   
Today we read Matt 28 and 1 Thess 1 – 3

S.  1 Thess 1:5-6 For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance that what we said was true. And you know that the way we lived among you was further proof of the truth of our message. So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. NLT

O.  The pure Good News was presented with Holy Spirit power and the integrity of the messengers. The result was both great joy and severe persecution.

A.  Three ingredients:
1. The pure message of Good News
2. Presented in the power of the Holy Spirit
3. Confirmed by the righteous lives of its presenters
I recognize that without all three I have nothing to offer.  The message must be pure, scriptural.  I must recognize that I cannot have success in my own power or talent for Jesus said, (John 15:4) “You cannot be fruitful apart from me.” NLT And my life of integrity must back up my message.

P.  Oh Lord, once again I am forced to recognize my total dependence upon You for the content of my message, for the Holy Spirit power to present it and for a life of integrity to back it up.  Thank You for carrying me through this past weekend.  The results will only be known in the eternity to come.  Without You I have nothing to present to hungry souls, but with You I can have confidence that Your message will not return void.  It will accomplish its heavenly purpose. Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment