Friday, January 13, 2017

The Saving Chain

Wednesday 11-16-2016 City of Resistencia, northern Argentina   
Today we read 2 Cor. 3 - 6

S.  2 Cor 3:1-3 Some people need to bring letters of recommendation with them or ask you to write letters of recommendation for them. But the only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves! Your lives are a letter written in our hearts, and everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ prepared by us. It is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on stone, but on human hearts. NLT

O.  The Apostle Paul expresses confidence in his converts.  If they succeed as fruitful Christians, their success is his success… or their failure is also his.  Later in other letters he mentions with shame some who turned back under pressure.

A.  Every convert becomes a representative of Jesus Christ.  Their friends and acquaintances may only know about the Savior through them.  Some are very successful and bring literally many thousands to Christ.  Some stumble and fall and bring shame to the Name above all names.  And, yes, my name is attached to many of them. Their wonderful accomplishments have made me famous as a missionary… as if I had done something to deserve applause.  And, yes, there are a few that have been tripped up by the enemy and slipped and fallen.  I still love them and my heart reaches out to them for they are like my children, but sadly they no longer serve as a positive recommendation for me or for my Jesus.  

P.  Oh Lord, I am overwhelmed with the powerful outreach of numerous converts from among the churches that we have helped to plant or have influenced in Argentina. You and they have made me look much bigger and better than I really am.  I am only a link in a “saving-chain” of hundreds of prayers, supporters, pastors, teachers and inspirers who have served faithfully in their part of reaching these who have become powerful soul-winners.  Today I praise You for every success and I intercede for restoration for every fallen warrior.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment