Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Priceless!

Tuesday 12-6-16 Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina   
Today we read Philippians 1 – 4 

S.  Phil 4:1  Dear brothers and sisters, I love you and long to see you, for you are my joy and the reward for my work. So please stay true to the Lord, my dear friends. NLT

O.  Missionary Paul returned several times to some places where he had first preached the message of Christ. He found his joy and his reward was just seeing the fruit of his labors.  They were men and women who had remained faithful to the Lord and who were themselves producing new fruit.

A.  Many of my fellow missionaries have labored a life-time in distant countries and now, bound by the limits of a body suffering the symptoms of old-age, they long to see their many friends and converts that they love so dearly.  Soon I may find myself in their situation as well.  Yet, at least until today, my generous Lord has allowed me to visit these, my dear loved ones and experience their hugs and kisses, their expressions of appreciation, and best of all to witness the fruitfulness of their faithful lives for Christ.  Many are reaching into the very pits of hell to rescue the lives of little children that would have no hope of a joyful, decent life without their intervention.  They cannot take these little ones out of their drastic environment, but are reaching them with the new life of Christ which lifts them out to become wonderful men and women of God.  These are among the many joys and rewards I am receiving daily here in Argentina.  I am literally smothered, almost crushed, in many arms of love… all reaching out to hug me at the same time.  I cannot put a price on that!

P.  Lord Jesus, You have added healthy years to this old body to allow me to reach out to another generation. Little children will never forget the grandpa with a talking, singing doll.  Their hugs and kisses are priceless. Many that were little children are now parents and even grandparents… and my joy is complete as I see them laboring tirelessly to bless the poor, the needy, the sick and the lost.  Thank You, Jesus.  Your love is flowing through them, making a wonderful difference in their world.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment