Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Someone is watching and listening.

Friday 1-20-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Gen 49 – 50, Psalm 8 and Luke 20
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Luke 20:19-20 When the teachers of religious law and the leading priests heard this story, they wanted to arrest Jesus immediately because they realized he was pointing at them — that they were the farmers in the story. But they were afraid there would be a riot if they arrested him. Watching for their opportunity, the leaders sent secret agents pretending to be honest men. They tried to get Jesus to say something that could be reported to the Roman governor so he would arrest Jesus. NLT

O. Jesus was both loved and hated. He was loved by many that listened to His teaching and by those whom He had healed. But He was hated by most of the highly visible religious elite, since He openly revealed their secret sins. These enemies sought to trick Him into saying something that could condemn Him in court.

A. Today we have a new president in the USA. He is obviously outspoken and seemingly careless with his words. He has thousands of enemies that want to see him fail and fall into some trap. He will be stalked night and day and his words will be turned upon him. But what about me? As a Christian I represent the One Who was both loved and hated. I too, must realize that my words and my actions are being watched by both friends and enemies of Jesus.

P.  Holy Spirit, I plead with You to come and fill my heart with Your thoughts, Your words and yes, Your actions. Lord Jesus, I have repented over moments when I did not represent You properly. I know You have forgiven me, but I have not forgotten and still, after many years, I find it hard to forgive myself… and I pray that it may never happen again. May Your name be lifted high by my every thought, every word and every action. Someone is watching and listening and their eternal soul hangs in the balance. Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment