Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The scroll is opened bit by bit.

Friday 12-2-16 Resistencia, Chaco, northern Argentina   
Today we read Romans 9 - 12

S.  Rom 9:4-5 They are the people of Israel, chosen to be God's special children. God revealed his glory to them. He made covenants with them and gave his law to them. They have the privilege of worshiping him and receiving his wonderful promises.  Their ancestors were great people of God, and Christ himself was a Jew as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. NLT

O.  God chose Abraham… just a man, that became a people group… and then a nation to reveal to us His perfect holiness, perfect justice and finally His perfect love. The Jewish people were God’s instruments to introduce us to Our Creator.  As time passed, He reveals Himself more clearly, bit by bit, through their history and finally gives us His perfect revelation by sending His Only Son, Who is the One and Only Person Who could say, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!” John 14:9 NLT 

A.  Where does this leave me?  I am not a Jew.  The Jews would have left me out, but God had other plans. I was just another heathen Gentile.  But He sent His servant to the highways and byways and found me.  He called my name and opened the door to His banquet room to welcome me.  And His plan was not just for me.  I was nobody special.  You were included, too.  I think He is calling your name this morning!

P.  Oh Lord!  How wide, how high, how deep and broad is Your vast love that included me.  You washed away my ugly sins and healed my sin-sick soul.  And now I see You, Lord Jesus.  Your Word declares that You are God, who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment